There are many people who have to go through lots of social, mental as well as emotional challenges due to the distressing problem of thinning, falling or losing of hairs. Hair loss is an extremely common concern that has been a headache for people, both male and female, especially in the ageing years of their life. PRP therapy for hair loss is a perfect treatment that can help such people. As a matter of fact, Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP is the biologic element that is acquired when human whole blood is rolled in a separator and is alienated from other liquid blood constituents.
The procedure involves drawing out one’s own blood and centrifuging it so that the plasma with platelets collects in the tube. This plasma rich in platelets and growth factors is very useful in tissue regeneration and healing. The PRP treatment takes place via intradermal insertions of plasma into the scalp; with the objective of stimulating the scalp to support new growth.
How does PRP work?
It is a very simple, half-an-hour lunch-time procedure and you can join your work immediately after the treatment.
- A small amount of blood (less than 30ml) is obtained from the patient
- Then this blood is processed and centrifuged and PRP is separated from the rest of the blood.
- PRP is activated with DNA activators (thrombin) and enriched with calcium ions (e.g. calcium chloride)
- Activated PRP is injected into the area which is suffering from hair loss in order to stimulate hair growth
Advantages of PRP Therapy against hair loss are:
- Simple, non surgical procedure
- Multiple Injections: procedure lasting approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
- Safe and reliable results.
- Very quick recovery period.
- Beautiful and above all extremely natural looking end results
This therapy can be repeated every 1-2 months and usually 4-6 sittings are sufficient on average.